Tuesday, June 10, 2014

"Turn it up" Tuesday- David Cook

For my first music post on this blog, I thought I would write about someone I admire very much. If you know me, you know that I'm addicted to American Idol. I've watched it since season 3. I hadn't actually heard of it until I heard Clay Aiken on the radio, and fell in love with his voice. I really liked the idea of the show; essentially plucking someone from the life they've always known, and turning their world upside down. It wasn't until Season 7, though, that my world was turned upside down, and it has never been the same since.

It was the night of the Omaha auditions. There was some good talent, and an equal amount ridiculousness. Maybe about halfway through the show, Ryan Seacrest starts talking about the rockers that have auditioned, following in the footsteps of Chris Daughtry, and...this happened.



Usually, it takes me a little bit to decide if I like someone enough to vote for them...but this man...he had me at "My name is David Cook." There was something about him that drew me to him. Needless to say, after that moment, I was hooked, and still am to this day.

Everything about this man gets me. The way he interprets his songs, the way he carries himself, and, most importantly, the way he puts others before himself. It makes me sad that he's not more well known in the music industry. He has such a unique style, you can't compare him to anyone else. His original songs are magnificent, and the covers he's done (on idol and afterwards) are just as brilliant. My favorite cover of his to date is his interpretation of Chris Isaak's "Wicked Game". Below, you will find a video of that from Denver, in January of this year. I got to witness the magic LIVE.


So, from his audition for American Idol to his cover of Wicked Game, you can see how much he's progressed as an artist.

He has also inspired his fans in many ways. A lot of us help him in his fundraising efforts to find a cure for brain cancer, in honor of his brother who lost his battle in 2009. It is safe to say that we are more that a worldwide group of people who support this rock star from Missouri. We are a family. David and his fans are all very special people, and you never truly know how special they are until you get the chance to meet them.

Seeing David on stage is surreal, but seeing him when he's standing thisclose to you is just unreal. He has a glow about him that is almost not human. He is the sweetest, warmest person in the world. I love hearing him sing, but I could literally listen to that man talk for days. *swoon*

Well...enough rambling. If you love him, leave me a comment and we shall flail together. If you've never heard of him, check out his music on itunes! It will be the best decision you make today.

No comments:

Post a Comment